So as usual the kids didn’t really want to go ( seven going on 18 ) but once the show started they along with the adults loved it.Great performances-amazing sets and costumes – quaint little theatre and all round great value for money. If you take your children to anywhere in Cornwall but don’t support this theatre then shame on you (it will be your loss)
- You’ll be knocked down flat by Sister Act. If you like a high octane performance that is a real work-out for the singing and laughing gear then you absolutely must get along to Sister Act, no if’s, no buts and excuses. On the way out of the theatre, you’ll thank me for it and you’ll bless the cast for delivering a memorable fabuloud night out.
John Hancock - Sister Act (Summer 2017)
- Couldn’t of expected better! The voices of the leads are exceptional but all parts gave it a good go with comic timing. My daughter loved the story and I enjoyed it more than the film. Book – you won’t be disappointed.
Audience member - Sister Act (Summer 2017)
- The performances [of JCS] are so good that I could venture this to be Kidz R Us best yet. That though would be unfair to hundreds of youngsters who have poured their performing hearts into so many Kidz productions. Nevertheless, it’s an outstanding staging of the show.
And, in St Ives Theatre, the audience is within touching distance of the stage, not so much watching as experiencing great theatre.
Timothy J Howe’s production is inspired and inspiring. Do get along to see this show, it is an amazing evening out.
John Hancock (St Ives Times & Echo) Reviewing Jesus Christ Superstar (Summer 2016)
- Went to see Our House not really knowing what to expect. Was thrilled to discover the show was brilliant! The energy and performances were truly brilliant and we were all transported away on a great story with powerful choreography, singing and acting. Loved it!!
AUDIENCE MEMBER, OUR HOUSE (SUMMER 2017)
- Sister Act – Brilliant from start to finish!! I was blown away by how good it was. I’m going again on the final night.
Audience member, Sister Act (Summer 2017)
- Aladdin – Simply not to be missed. Great performance – amazing sets and costumes, quaint little theatre and all around great value for money. A must for anyone visiting St Ives.
Audience member, Aladdin Jr (Summer 2017)
- Wow wow wow!!! No need to go to The West End to watch a show packed with fantastic vocals, heaps of laughs and an unbelievable amount of talent. Each character was completely unique and each moment completely polished and hilarious!! Well done, I will be spreading the word, this show deserves to be full every night!
AUDIENCE MEMBER, Avenue Q (SUMMER 2016)
- My son and I have just seen tonight’s performance of Grease and we both loved it – we couldn’t help but sing along. As we left and walked up the road, we listened to what others were saying about the show, and everyone was saying: ‘fantastic’, ‘best show so far’, ‘the singing was amazing’, ‘very talented youngsters’.
Audience member, Grease (Summer 2014)
- Took my partner to see Jesus Christ Super Star last night, he’d never experienced a Kidz R Us performance before, he was amazed. We both thoroughly enjoyed the show, amazing singing and talent on stage, would highly recommend front row seats in the balcony, we couldn’t of asked for better. The highlight for me was King Herod’s song! The volunteers were all helpful and friendly too, its clear everybody has passion for this place. Well done everyone, I cant wait for our next visit!!
AUDIENCE MEMBER - JCS (SUMMER 2016)
- We took our children to see this on Sunday night & it was absolutely amazing. Far better than any big production with stars in that we have seen. The young people performing were a real credit to the theatre company. Thank you so much. Hope we can come back again to see a show.
AUDIENCE MEMBER, Robin Hood (Christmas 2015)
Simply not to be missed…
AUDIENCE MEMBER, ALADDIN (SUMMER 2017)
- Went to see Sister Act with my 7 year old daughter & what an absolutely outstanding show was put on tonight. My daughter was completely transfixed and we both laughed out loud, enjoyed every second & clapped along with the music. I would highly recommend a trip to see a show here. I wish we lived closer so we could visit more often.
Visitor Summer 2017
- Tonight I was amazed to experience a group of young people put on a performance that the West End would have been proud of. Jesus Christ Superstar by Kidz R Us of St Ives is one of the best shows I have ever seen! A special mention for the young men who played Jesus and Pilot and a shout out to Peter, Mary M and Judas.
Why there were empty seats I cannot understand. People need to know that this show is available to them. A super show, a super cast, super music and choreography. Go and see Jesus Christ Superstar, you will not be disappointed!
AUDIENCE MEMBER, Jesus Christ Superstar (SUMMER 2016)
- Well what can I say another great performance from Kidz.
Panto brilliant, well done TJ and all others involved.
Visitor December 2014
- We went to see Grease last Easter and were really impressed by the performance. It was a really fun evening, so we decided to watch Joseph in the summer, too. It was amazing! The choreography, costumes, set and singing were all first class. Then we heard that they were also performing The Little Mermaid with a younger group, so we took our daughter along and she loved every minute. This is a really talented theatre company and they are definitely worth a visit whenever you are in St Ives. Don’t miss it!
Visitor July 2014
We have just returned from Kidz R Us after an amazing experience – their version of the musical Grease. It was a wonderful evening and the professionalism of the whole cast was absolutely breathtaking and easily as good as any production you would see in the West End.
The costumes were colourful and so professionally made, a credit to the ladies who made them.
We live in Penzance so it is easy for us to make a return visit, which we intend to do VERY SOON. But if you are on holiday and want a fabulous evening out, go to Kidz R Us at St Ives Theatre – you will not be disappointed.
Visitor August 2014
- Just saw Kidz R Us performing some of the dance sequences from this year’s pantomime. Easily as good as a professional show. They need to be seen to be believed.
Visitor December 2014
- Just got my tickets for their panto, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Looking forward to it as I saw their summer show The Little Mermaid. It was absolutely wonderful – nothing amateur about the production. It was so good we saw it twice!
Visitor August 2014
- We went to see this fantastic show on a wet Monday evening and were so glad we did ! The kids were outstanding and the costumes were fabulous. If you are in St Ives with young children you should not miss this show,they will love it! My 9 year old grandson cannot wait to join a theatre group when he gets back! A brilliant evening in a lovely intimate theatre. Well done to all ,your performance was a joy to watch!
AUDIENCE MEMBER, JUNGLE BOOK (SUMMER 2016)